What’s on at NRM York
Find out how signals work with our team of award-winning volunteers.
See right for dates.
11am–12.30pm and 1.30pm–3.30pm
- Suitable for all ages
- Talks and tours
See our volunteers demonstrate the craft of railway signalling, on our original 1912 Lancashire & Yorkshire signalling layout in the Warehouse.
The team will use authentic period signalling instruments to show you how trains negotiate their way around the rail network safely, efficiently and reliably.
- Friday 18 January 2013 - Centenary
- Saturday 19 January - Centenary
- Sunday 20 January – Centenary (pm only)
- Saturday 16 February: 11am-12.30pm, 1.30-3.30pm
- Sunday 17 February: 1pm-3.30pm
- Saturday 23 February: 11am-12.30pm, 1.30-3.30pm
- Saturday 09 March
- Saturday 13 April
- Saturday 25 May
- Saturday 22 June
- Saturday 13 July
- Saturday 17 August
- Saturday 14 September
- Saturday 12 October
- Saturday 09 November
- Saturday 28 December