Friends of the National Railway Museum
The Friends of The National Railway Museum was formed in 1977 to help the museum conserve and operate railway exhibits that might otherwise have to wait many years before returning to the public view.
Membership gets you involved in preserving, displaying and interpreting the best of Britain's heritage – and helps finance museum work that would otherwise not be possible.
Friends also enjoy the benefit of:
- Discounts which are usually offered at the museum shop, restaurant and car park
- The National Railway Museum Review, published quarterly, which keeps Friends in touch with events in the museum, and features information about the National Collection, articles of general railway interest, and authoritative reviews of books and videos
- Opportunities to work as a volunteer in the museum. More about volunteering
- Invitations to members' meetings in York and London
- Special arrangements offered by some of the hotels in York
- Exclusive Friends' events